Below you find all practical information about the Great Breweries Marathon for runners.
Sunday 7th May 2023
- Registrations: 7 am – 11.00 am
- Start Great Breweries Marathon & 17K: 9.15 am
- Start Great Breweries 25K: 11.15 am
- Official closing time finish: 7pm
- Official closing time of the event: 7.30 pm
The start and finish areas are located at the Duvel Moortgat Brewery.
Breendonk-Dorp 58 – 2870 Puurs
- Personalized race number with your name (only for online registrations before April 17th)
- Unique medal at the finish for every finisher
- The exclusive Great Breweries Marathon T-shirt
- The possibility to taste one of Belgium’s best beers at the finish line
- A gift basket full of beer
- Refreshment stations on the course and at the finish
- Changing rooms near the start
- Free storage of sports bags
- Correct distance and time indication on the course and at the finish
- Complete results, available live on the website
- Detailed course description for every distance, with indication of the supply posts
- Sportinez-insurance during the races. Click here for more information.
Every 5 km water and Isotone drink. Bananas are available on kilometers 15, 25 and 35. At the finish participants receive one bottle of sport water and a Sultana cake.
Every 5 km water and Isotone drink.
All finishers will be rewarded with a free beer basket including beers from Duvel Moorgat, Brouwerijen Palm, De Hoorn & Rodenbach and Bosteels Brewery.
Runners will be focusing more on the exercise-side of the race and will be treated at the finish with a tasty degustation. Enjoying beer is smarter than taking it one step too far.
” Beer brewed carefully, to be consumed with care”.
Race packs will not be sent by mail, but can be collected at the Duvel Moorgat Brewery on Sunday May 7th, starting at 7 a.m.
One week before the event, individually registered participants will receive a confirmation email with their personal number or an e-ticket.
With this, participants can get their race numbers at the registration booth. Small, medium, large and extra-large T-shirts are available, in women’s & men’s sizes.
Please note: indicating the desired size on the registration form is purely informational & no guarantee that this size will still be available when you pick up the T-shirt. The earlier you pick up your T-shirt, the more chance you have that the desired size is still available.
The timing is done using an electronic chip. This chip is located on the back of the race number and it measures the net time between start and finish. That means that your time will start to be measured only when you cross the start line. This extra service ensures a more correct time measurement.
This chip is included in the entry fee and does not have to be recuperated after the race.
Do not fold the race number or remove the stickers on the chip!
Great Breweries Marathon
The time limit for the Great Breweries Marathon is 6 hours. By order of the police the roads will be opened for traffic based on this pace. Those who run more slowly will be asked to stop their race or continue running at their own risk, without the roads being cordoned off.
Great Breweries 25K
The time limit for the Great Breweries Marathon is 4 hours. By order of the police the roads will be opened for traffic based on this pace. Those who run more slowly will be asked to stop their race or continue running at their own risk, without the roads being cordoned off.
Great Breweries 17K
The time limit for the Great Breweries Marathon is 2h15. By order of the police the roads will be opened for traffic based on this pace. Those who run more slowly will be asked to stop their race or continue running at their own risk, without the roads being cordoned off.
Changing rooms are provided at the start and finish location at Duvel-Moortgat Brewery.
You can leave your sports bag at the storage room during the event. A sticker with a unique number will be stuck on your bag. The same numbered sticker will be placed on your sports bag. After your participation you can pick up your sports bag by showing your sticker. If you lose your sticker, you will only be able to collect your sports bag if you provide the organization with a correct description of your bag and its contents.
The organization will take the necessary safety measures to guard the space as well as possible, but use of the space is at your own risk. The organization is not responsible for possible damage, loss and/or theft of personal items.
- Use a properly lockable sports bag and make sure it is also properly sealed so that no items can fall out of your sports bag.
- Do not leave valuable items (such as iPhone, sports watch, wallet, etc.) in your sports bag.
A number of very experienced, mainly Belgian ultra-runners led by Marnix Callewaert, will fulfill the role of pacers for the Great Breweries Marathon.
The pacers will easily be recognizable in their start boxes thanks to their colored flags:
Great Breweries Marathon
- 2:59 pink flag
- 3:15 blue flag
- 3:30 yellow flag
- 3:45 red flag
- 3:59 green flag
- 4:15 black flag
- 4:30 orange flag
- 4:45 grey flag
- 5:00 white flag
Great Breweries 25 K
- 2:00 pink flag
- 2:10 blue flag
- 2:20 yellow flag
- 2:30 red flag
- 2:40 green flag
- 2:50 black flag
- 3:00 orange flag
A bracelet is provided for each participant: it shows the split times per kilometer you have to run to reach your desired finishing time. A useful reminder during the race, that you simply wear around your wrist! These straps are free to pick up on Sunday at the registration zone.
SPORTOGRAF.COM is the official photo service of the Great Breweries Marathon. These photographers have acquired a good reputation in recent years with their fully digital service and competitive prizes.
In view of the fact that they themselves are active runners, they have an outstanding feeling from the perspective of the participant.
Would you like to switch distances or names? This is possible until April 17, 4 p.m. via firstname.lastname@example.org. After that, changes are only possible on the spot at the helpdesk.
Change of distance
- First collect the chest number.
- Have your distance changed at the stand ‘wissels’ and receive a new chest number.
Changing to a lower distance is free of charge. For a higher distance, the difference in price will be charged.
Change of name
- Pick up the chest number with the confirmation email from the person from whom you took the starting number.
- Have your information changed at the “wissels” booth and receive a new chest number.
Do not forget to bring your ID. For a change of name there is a € 5 administration cost.